- Chandigarh to Shimla Taxi Services
- Chandigarh To Shimla Taxi fare
- Chandigarh to Shimla One Way Taxi
- Chandigarh to Shimla Round Trip Taxi
- Chandigarh To Shimla Car Distance
- Chandigarh to Shimla Route Map
- Things to Take note of while Traveling to Shimla
Chandigarh to Shimla Taxi Services
Chandigarh to Shimla Taxi Looking for an outing for a weekend or want to change your mood by the change of environment, then the best option is to travel to hills and when you are in Chandigarh then you have the luxury to travel to the Queen of Hills, Shimla which is also the capital of Himachal Pradesh. It is one of the most beautiful and cool places to travel on weekends from Chandigarh as its only approx 100 kms from the city. Travel through the extravagant hilly road enjoying the magnificent view of the road turning every minute through the hills. Most of the people, who are locals in Chandigarh, travel by their own vehicles to the hilly city, but this only lead to tiredness on reaching the destination.
So if you get tired you will not have the best time roaming around the beautiful Shimla. Your body will be already exhausted after driving through the hilly terrain which is full of deadly curves. So the best thing is to hire a taxi from Chandigarh to Shimla with the luxury of a driver who will take you to the best locations. And as Shimla is also tight on parking space it will be headache of our driver where to park the car, therefore you can have fun on your Shimla visit and need not to worry about your travel. Whenever your group of friends decide to travel Shimla its better to book a taxi and you can get a shared taxi from chandigarh to shimla and they will drop you at the point from where you can roam all around Shimla.
Chandigarh To Shimla Taxi fare
Though the hill station is not very from chandigarh, you can reach the Shimla at very affordable prices. It will not cost you more than Rs 2500 if you book a sedan which will include cars like Swift Dzire and Tata Etios as you will be charged at Rs 20 per km. The charges for booking an SUV will be around Rs 28 per km.
Chandigarh to Shimla One Way Taxi
When you book a taxi for only going to Shimla the cost will come as follows:
|Taxi Model||Sedans (Swift Dzire/Etios)||SUV (Innova)|
|Price Per Km||₹ 20||₹ 28|
|Total Cost||₹ 2240 (112 Km)||₹ 3136 (112 Km)|
For every extra km travel you will be charged as per the price.
Chandigarh to Shimla Round Trip Taxi
When you book a taxi for onward and return journey the cost will come as follows:
|Car Model||Sedans (Swift Dzire/Etios)||SUV (Innova)|
|Price Per Km||₹ 20||₹ 28|
|Total Cost||₹ 4480 (112 Km)||₹ 6272 (112 Km)|
Note: All the charges mentioned here are excluding GST
Chandigarh To Shimla Car Distance
Shimla is 112.5 km from the city beautiful chandigarh. It will take around 3.5 hours by the taxi to reach Shimla. There is only one route from which you can travel. Here is the Route Map of the road by which you will go:
Chandigarh to Shimla Route Map
Chandigarh -> Pinjore -> Kalka ->Dharampur -> Solan->Shimla On the route you can stop at historic Pinjore Gardens which have been built by the Mughals. After that you can continue through the highway and if you have time you can turn to a picturesque hill station of Kasauli. You will have to take left at Dharampur for 11 km and you will reach the beautiful place where you can enjoy roaming around heritage market, nature walks, sunset point and also the manki point which is a temple of Lord Hanuman. After you have finished, you can continue your journey to Shimla by joining the national highway at Dharampur.
Things to Take note of while Traveling to Shimla
As we have covered all the taxi prices and routes there are some of the things which will be useful when you travel to the queen of hills.
- The best time to visit Shimla is March to June as weather is pleasant here than the rest of the country.
- If you want to experience snowfall than you should visit Shimla at the year end that is at the end of December till mid of march. Though snowfall is rare at the end of December but you need to book your hotels as early as November as there is huge rush of tourists on Christmas and New Year.
- July to September are rainy seasons here so please try to avoid trips during these months.
- Book your hotels prior to your trip as there might be tourist rush during peak seasons.
- Carry your Identity proofs with you as required during hotel check-ins.
- Some travelers can experience motion sickness due to hilly terrain while travelling so keep some medicines like aspirin, paracetamol and some tablets for vomiting.
- Make a note of important helpline numbers of Shimla which will be helpful in case of an emergency.
- You should also keep sunscreen lotions, body moisturizers as skin get dry due to cold weather.
- When travelling during summer months , you can carry sunglasses and also light jackets as it can come handy in the evening as the temperature gets low.
- While travelling in winters, carry heavy woolen clothes, socks.
- During months of snowfall you should also carry gum boots so that you don’t slip on snowy slopes.
We have covered all the essential points while visiting the hill station but here is a quick view of the things you will require during your trip to Queen of Hills:
|Important Information For Shimla Trip|
|Things To Carry||Identity Proofs, Sunscreen Lotions, Body Moisturizers, Woolen Clothes, Gum Boots.|
|Emergency Numbers Shimla||Police : 100, Ambulance : 102, District Control Room : 1077,Tourist Information Office (Shimla) : 0177-2658302, 0177-2652561|
|Best Months to Visit Shimla||March – June|
|Best Months To Enjoy Snowfall in Shimla||End Of December – Mid March|
|Places to Visit in Shimla||Mall Road, Ridge, Shimla, Jakhoo Temple, Annadale, Christ Church, Indian Institute of Advanced Studies, Chadwick Falls, Scandal Point|