Chandigarh, designed and conceived by Le Corbusier, is many things besides ‘the most organized city in the country’. Its lush green cover and concrete buildings make for a mesmerizing combo that leaves people hypnotized. Its lure dwells in the fact that it is simple, serene and beautiful, a place where nature walks with you, no matter where you go.
Lovingly called ‘the City Beautiful’, the city is known as the ‘hub’ of Northern India. Located on the foothills of Shivalik, Chandigarh is the heartbeat of Punjab in its truest sense.
Fun facts about Chandigarh
- 13 number is considered inauspicious, so, Chandigarh doesn’t have sector 13
- Chandigarh city has no statues, all thanks to Le Corbusier 😀
- It is said that about 8000 years ago, Chandigarh was home to Harappans
- After partition, Punjab needed a new capital (in place of Lahore), this was the time when Chandigarh was first noticed.
- Chandigarh’s official emblem, ‘Open Hand’ is the symbol of peace and reunion.
- Rock Garden
- Rose Garden
- Sukhna Lake
- Sector 17
- Fun City/Water Park
- Elante Mall
- We are Punjab mall
You can board a flight to Chandigarh from all major Indian cities. Maybe, not a direct flight, but you can always catch one from Delhi International Airport. Chandigarh International Airport sits 12 km away from the city and provides regular flights to & from Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, and Srinagar. It is the easiest way to reach the City Beautiful.
India has a big network of Railway routes, with decent service to Chandigarh. City’s Railway station, located 8 km from the city center, can be easily reached by boarding a train at Delhi. Though trains from other cities also connect to Chandigarh, most traffic comes from Delhi which is well-connected to the other parts of the country.
Bus: Chandigarh has two bus stations, one in sector 17 for local travel and the other in sector 43 – for intrastate travel. Sector 43 bus station is the main bus stand.
Bus & Taxis Service from Chandigarh
There are ample bus routes from any imaginable part of the country and the same can be said for Taxis. But a Taxi is a better option – buses can take a lot of time and can cause discomfort.
Contact us to book a taxi from/to Chandigarh today.
The best time to visit Chandigarh is from August through November.
The temperature in these months is quite pleasant, just like Monsoons (July to mid-September). However, it is interesting to note that winter and summer are not that extreme in Chandigarh. No matter when you come, you will find it worthwhile!
If you want to see Chandigarh under the cocoon of vivid colors, Autumn, which lasts from September through October, is the best time to catch the spectacular views!
Some useful Info
- Chandigarh experiences Monsoon in the months of July-September
- The minimum temperature in Winter remains somewhere between (Nov.-Jan, 2016) 20C – 100 C
- In Summer maximum temperature can go up to (April-July, 2004) 38C – 43C